February 6, 2023
It's been a while...
Good morning! Happy Monday!
It’s been a while, I know. A long while, in fact. I think the last Hot Sheet I did was a year ago. A lot has happened since then, so you’ll have to bear with me while I get you caught up. Starting in January 2022… Just kidding. I seriously doubt you want to hear about everything that’s happened in the past year. Between the stores not having Sprite Zero half the time and all the TV shows I’ve been binge-watching, it could get lengthy. How about I give you the CliffsNotes version instead?
Here are the highlights:
- The hubby got a new job.
- My youngest kid had a major car accident. Totaled his grandfather’s Corvette when he went through a guardrail and down an embankment. He broke his back in numerous places. He’s better now. Good as new and back to work.
- We attempted a vacation at the beach at a “dog-friendly” place. It wasn’t dog-friendly at all. Hennessy and Moscato got sticker burrs in their paws and in their hair because they were everywhere. They weren’t happy. It started raining. Didn’t stop. We came home early.
- My husband’s company laid people off. The news that it was coming came during our aforementioned vacation – via text from his boss, telling all employees to stay home. (They could’ve handled it better, I think). Thankfully, he didn’t lose his job, but they are in the process of selling off his division. It’s been very stressful for him these past few months. The new company (which is one he worked for previously) takes over next week.
- Hennessy got signed up for dog training. He’s my psychiatric service dog, and I thought formal training would be beneficial. The trainer injured him with aggressive tactics. I canceled training. Got my money back. Put that money (and a lot more) toward the knee surgery he underwent 25 days ago. He’s recovering nicely despite the fact he’s not a very good patient. He refuses to sit still.
- And an ice storm last week. It took down most of our poor tree in the front yard.
As for this year … things are going well. I’m writing. A lot. I hope this means my creative streak is back. It’s been blinking like a bulb with a loose filament for the past couple of years. For however long it lasts, I’ll continue to be grateful. And I hope you’ll stay tuned for more. I promise not to keep you waiting for another year before you hear from me again.
Epic Cuteness… a.k.a. my pups
I’ve added some extras so you can see the past few months as they played out in pictures. 🙂 Enjoy.
What I'm writing...
I’m currently immersed in the Primal Instincts world. I can’t help myself. The more time I spend with Journey, Creed, Garrison, and Hawk, the more time I want to spend with them. It’s the first reverse harem I’ve written, and I find the dynamic between the four of them fascinating. Writing multiple relationships within one relationship isn’t easy, but it’s definitely fun. This book has taken over my entire world. It feels like I’ve been writing for years, but it’s only been months. The first 3 volumes of this series are complete. The rough drafts for the 4th and 5th are done. I’m finalizing those now. Volumes 6, 7, and 8 are more than halfway each because I had a shift in plot midway through writing. And volume 9, the last and final, is outlined. It’s all coming together.
What I'm reading...
I have been binge-reading CD Reiss for quite a while now. At least two months. With each book I finish, I want more. I’m currently reading The DiLustro Arrangement Trilogy. I love the world she weaves and her writing is phenomenal. If you like darker romance with an edge to your kink, you should check out her books.
Nicole on Facebook
Sign up for Nic News to get preorders and new release notifications directly to your inbox.
Subscribe to get my blog posts sent directly to your inbox whenever there is a new post.
It is so good to have you back!
I read Primal Instincts Vol. 1 yesterday and girl…………….you knocked it out of the park with this one. I am in awe of this storyline. Journey is absolutely amazing. Creed, Hawk and Garrison? I’m not sure who’s my favorite. So far, Hawk is in the lead but Creed is not far behind. So anxious to get to Vol. 2 and beyond. This is truly Nicole Edwards at her best. Thanks for giving me so much reading pleasure. I loved this one from first page to last.