New York Times and USA Today bestselling author Nicole Edwards lives in the suburbs of Austin, Texas with her husband and their youngest of three children. The two older ones have flown the coop, while the youngest recently graduated from high school.
When Nicole is not writing about sexy alpha males and sassy, independent women, she can often be found with a book in hand or attempting to keep the dogs happy. You can find her hanging out on social media and interacting with her readers – even when she’s supposed to be writing.
Here are a few facts about me:
- I live in Central Texas (where it’s always hot)
- I proudly claim:
- 1 husband 🙂
- 3 kids (the 2 older ones have ventured out in the world while the youngest is still at home)
- 3 dogs (2 golden retrievers: Moscato and Hennessy; and 1 German shepherd: Heineken)
- I’ve got a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources
Here are a few fun facts:
- I met my husband online (through Yahoo personals back before Match.com was even a thing)
- On our first date Steven took me to see Monsters, Inc.
- We’ve been married for 19 years now.
- I was born and raised in Dallas, Texas. Moved to Austin 21 years ago.
- I’m a huge football fan – Dallas Cowboys, of course.
- I love hockey – Dallas Stars are my team.
- Some of my favorite authors include J.R. Ward and Lora Leigh.
- I read at minimum one book a week, and I read every single day.
- I read a variety of romance genres (suspense, erotic, dark, contemporary)
Here are a few professional facts:
- Nicole Edwards is a pseudonym, which I came up with by combining my daughter’s middle name (Nicole) along with my husband’s middle name (Edward). I added the “s” because I thought it sounded good.
- I’ve been self-publishing as Nicole Edwards since 2012.
- I’ve sold more than 1.5M copies of my books in a number of countries.
- I am published with traditional publishers Simon & Schuster and Penguin Random House.
- I prefer to self publish because it allows me more control over every step of the process.
Hopefully that appeases your curiosity because, to be honest, I’m rather boring. Most of the time, you can find me hiding in my writing cave. If I’m not there, I’m probably hanging out with my dogs, reading, watching hockey or football, maybe catching a movie here and there. One thing for sure … I’m always trying to have fun.
The truth is, if I’m not writing, you’ll probably find me reading. Whether it’s at night before I go to sleep (an absolute must for me) or throughout the day. My book list is long and it grows more and more every single day thanks to the incredible authors who continue to provide endless hours of enjoyment.
I have had a love for reading since I was a kid. It never went away and then roughly fifteen or so years ago, I ventured into a whole new world of books. I have a long list of favorites, far too many to name them all.